Saturday, January 9, 2016

The She-Wolf - by Abdel-Rahim Jdaih


The She-Wolf
Abdel-Rahim Jdaih
Translated by Nizar Sartawi


The she-wolf is howling inside me
I bite her
And she deprives me of my flesh
She slams her fingers at my chest
and the whole world bursts in furious howling
I beg her
I do not know
how the world would be
without the wolves
Who would set Mero free
Who would erase a wild moon
and tear the quilts of clouds on a moon
that’s been touched by the wind
The rustling of leaves
is a barking sound
the flaming body is calling
Who can paint a wolverine-colored
moon to court Laila
invade her garden
howl without a sky
My caravan is a single wolf.. and women
my caravan’s howling
and the wolf is vanquished


--------------------------



الذئبة
الشاعر عبد الرحيم جداية


الذئبة تعوي في جوفي
أنهشها
تحرمني لحمي
تنشبُ في الصدرِ أصابعها
فيثور الكونُ عواءْ
أتوسل بين يديها
لا أدري
كيف يكون العالمُ
من غير ذئابْ
من يعتق (ميرو)
من يمحو قمراً برياً
ويمزقُ لحفَ الغيمِ على قمرٍ
مسّته الريحُ
وخشخشةَ الاوراقِ
نباحْ
والجسدُ الملتهبُ ينادي
مَنْ يرسمُ قمراً
ذئبيَّ اللون يغازل ليلى
يجتاح حديقتها
يعوي
من غيرِ سماءٍ
قافلتي ذئبٌ..  ونساءْ
قافلتي تعوي
والذئب كسيرْ


-----------------------


No comments:

Post a Comment